Monday, May 25, 2015

The Fishing A Lure blog is almost ready to make an exciting change, we'll be relocating our home base to the  beautiful shores of the gulf of Mexico near Sarasota, Florida.

As a fishermen living in Michigan, I have been spoiled with countless amazing options to target a wide range of freshwater fish. Now, my fishing world is about to be turned upside down, and it's going to be awesome!

Growing up I watched ESPN's Saturday morning fishing shows. One of my favorites was the Walker's Cay chronicles. Saltwater inshore fishing has always been on my bucket list. I had my first chance about two summers ago in Brandenton. I actually ate and fished in several areas mentioned in the video below.

As good as Michigan is, the diversity, fishing location options, and year round access in the greater Tampa Bay area is almost impossible to beat. Check out the video below as the guys from Reel Time Florida Sportsman go after snook and redfish.


On my bucket list, which is almost all traveling and fishing items, is catching a huge tarpon. The next video is from probably my favorite fishing TV hosts, Cyril Chauquet. Is anyone having more fun than him? His charter lands a tarpon near the end that most of us can only dream, about. Fortunately for me, this tarpon is caught within about an hour of where my new home will be! Enjoy the fun and laughter!


No comments:

Post a Comment